Monday, September 12, 2016

A new milestone

I hit a new milestone. I attended my first girl baby shower since having N. I wasn't sure how I would feel. My friend had announced she was pregnant with a girl not long after Naya was born. I didn't feel that stab that I usually feel when I hear these types of announcements. Actually attending the shower wasn't hard either. Like not at all. Perhaps I'm over those feelings since now I have "daughters"? I'm not sure. But here are some photos from yesterday. 

This last photo is me and my sister (with N). She also just announced to me she is expecting as well. She's very early still, around 6 weeks I believe. The possibility of her having a girl is no longer something that hurts me. At least so far it hasn't. Perhaps N brought more healing to me than I thought. But anyway, my friend who is having a daughter is naming her Emberly, thus the "E" at the baby shower. It also made me think of Exodus. Brought a smile to my face.

In other news, my husband had a vasectomy on the 1st. So that's it for baby making for us. I know this is the right choice for us, but I'm not gonna lie... Part of me is a little sad there won't be anymore baby bumps or wrinkly newborns but on to the next. I'm liking this new chapter of my life so far. 

1 comments:

Sarita Boyette said...

I remember i couldn't go to baby showers until after my 1st rainbow, Adam, was born. I somehow did always buy gifts to send, though. Don't know how I did it, now. I got my tubes tied after the twins, & it was doctor's orders, but I also had some days when I wished I could have another. Love you!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...