Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Another school year

Today was D & G's first day back at school. They are finally in the same school. Something they had been looking forward to for a long time. D is now a second grader and G is now in kindergarten. 
As I was taking the kids to school, while stopped at a stop sign, we saw a hummingbird right next to the car. Made me think of Genesis. I thought maybe it was a sign that she was with the kids today on their first day of school. But I brushed it off. Then a few minutes later I stopped at a signal and this was the license plate of the car in front of me. The "GEN" caught my eye. It confirmed what I knew. It was a wink from her. She would have been starting 3rd grade this year... Sigh... But I know she is looking after her younger brothers and sisters.
As D & G ran eagerly to start school, I couldn't help but also envision an 8 1/2 year old headed to her first day of 3rd grade.

1 comments:

Shauna said...

((Hugs)) My Janessa would have started Kindergarten this year :`(

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...