Sunday, February 22, 2015

Some unexpected reminders from the past

I was having some issues with an email account and while trying to correct the issue I found some emails that took me back to 2007.
This email was sent back back in January of 2007. This was the confirmation that my ex husband (husband back then) and I created a baby registry for Genesis. This totally came out of the blue and stung when I saw it.

This second email is one that my brother sent to me 4/21/2007... just a little over a month after Genesis died and right after he announced he and his wife were pregnant. The photo is small so in case you can't see it this is what it says:


"Tiff & Mike
This is a difficult one because I know you are still in a time of mourning I probably have made your situation worse. I want to apologize to both of you for any comments I have ever made that affected you negatively. I wish only the best for you. Debby & I look forward to spending more time with you guys in the future. Maybe we can take a little weekend trip together some time. I know soon you'll be pregnant again and are kids will grow up together :) I love you both."


This email brings out a lot of emotions for me. What my brother is referring to is the fact that on my way home from the hospital after having Genesis he calls me on my cell phone. I wasn't even home yet, and he decided that was the perfect time to announce to me that they were pregnant. I was furious. In shock. Stunned. And before anyone who reads this thinks that this was a sweet gesture, he didn't mean any of it. Fast forward to today. He has not allowed me to have any relationship with his kids, my nephew and niece, nor does he care to have a relationship with my family. Not me, my husband or any of my kids. He doesn't recognize Genesis at all. He and I are not on speaking terms. As a matter of fact he is dead to me. As far as I am concerned he died back in high school. So reading this email again has really just made me really upset all over again. Such a liar. And no he didn't love us both ever. He was nowhere to be found when "Mike" my first husband left me while pregnant. Instead he insisted that I give him D's clothes as hand me downs to his son since he was smaller than D. Yep. He did that while I was struggling on welfare. And that little weekend trip never happened.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...