Monday, January 19, 2015

What's missing in this photo

The empty swing is so painfully obvious to me. It feels like the rest of the world doesn't even notice. Doesn't even bat an eyelash. But it represents so much. What should have been.

It didn't help that there was a fellow parent at the park who started to talk to me about the kids and their ages. He asked how far apart in age the bigger two were and it made me think of how far apart Genesis and D were/are. I wanted to mention her but it would be too awkward. Then this parent said "oh you should have one more... A girl to even it out." If he only knew. I just smiled and laughed. But it hit a soft spot. 

1 comments:

Shauna said...

Ouch--that had to have been a really painful conversation ((Hugs)) <3 Genesis <3

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...