Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Capture Your Grief: Day 8

Resources 
After Genesis died my then husband and I decided we wanted to try again for a baby right away. I got pregnant again and found out 2 days before my EDD with Genesis. I had started spotting and my dr and I were concerned I was going to miscarry. Within a few days of this scare my then husband decided to leave me. He walked out the door and never looked back. Now I was faced with being a single parent. So my mind was very occupied with getting through my pregnancy and single parenthood. So I really didn't have time to grieve or look for support within the first year or so following Genesis death. 

When I finally decided to look for support I went to facebook. Through facebook I found Carly Dudley who also lost a son the same year I lost Genesis and she was offering a gift to grieving parents. She would write the names of babies who had passed away in the sand of an Australian beach. (She still does it to this day) It was through Carly's page I met a ton of other BLMs (baby loss moms) and support pages. 

Last year (October 2013) I was able to meet Carly for the first time at the OC Walk To Remember. I was fortunate enough to meet Carly AGAIN earlier this year at the Hollywood red carpet premier of Return To Zero. If it wasn't for Carly I don't know where I would be today. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...