Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Capture Your Grief: Day 27

Wisdom

There is a quote that has always stuck with me. 

"Do not judge the bereaved mother. She comes in many forms. She is breathing, but she is dying. She may look young, but inside she has become ancient. She smiles, but her heart sobs. She walks, she talks, she cooks, she cleans, she works, she IS, but she IS NOT, all at once. She is here, but part of her is elsewhere for eternity." - Author unknown 

This cannot be more true. Behind these eyes is an old soul. Not because of anything I have done, but because of Genesis. Im ancient inside. Crumbling ruins. But at the same time that in itself is beautiful. Genesis taught me so much in her short stay. So very much. More than I can put into words. She taught me more than someone could teach me in a hundred lifetimes. She taught me how to be an amazing mother. Provider. Protector. She made me smarter and more informed. Essentially, she taught me the meaning of life. These eyes have seen so much. Felt so much. Cried so much. These eyes that laid eyes on my beautiful baby girl have never again seen the same vision since then. My eyes have been opened to another world. She made me wise beyond my years.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...