Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Capture Your Grief: Day 21

Relationship 
When Genesis died I was married to my first husband. Initially I thought her death brought us closer. Looking back, I'm not so sure. I don't ever recall talking about what happened or Genesis or coping with the loss. I wish I could tell you that's why he walked out on me 5 months later while I was pregnant with our first rainbow baby, but the truth is that I still don't know why he left.

Even though I couldn't see it then, him leaving was a blessing in disguise. It was the beginning to a path that lead me to my current husband and love of my life. Marlon came into the picture with a disadvantage. He met me after Genesis had died. I remember when we met I let him know right away I have two kids. Most guys would have turned the other way but he didn't. As we grew closer I told him I actually had 3 kids but one was in paradise. I had got to this point with one other man before and when he knew of Genesis he decided it wasn't going to work. Funny, I always knew dating as a single mom would be hard but I never thought the one who wasn't physically here would be the issue. But still Marlon stayed and got to know all 3 kids. Obviously it was a little different process getting to know about Genesis legacy. Through the years he has proven he not only is our 3 rainbow's father but Genesis as well. 

It's crazy to me that the one person who went through this with me couldn't offer support, but this man that I met 5 years after Genesis birth/death has been my rock through it all. And loves her just as I do. I am beyond blessed to have this man as the father to all my children and to call him my husband. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...