Thursday, October 2, 2014

Capture Your Grief: Day 2

Heart



This is one of the few pictures I have of Genesis. Granted she was only 9 weeks 4 days in this photo and she was born at nearly 21 weeks. But I choose this photo because it's the only photo I have where her heart was beating. We had an ultrasound done at 20 weeks and her heart was also pumping away there too, but with the shock of being told your daughter wasn't going to live I forgot to ask for the photos. So this is the one and only one I have. 

For 5 short months her heart and mine beat together. I wish I hadn't taken it for granted. Sadly it took my innocence away forever. I have since had 3 rainbow babies and I can tell you that at each ultrasound with each pregnancy I would hold my breath scared to death they were going to tell me there was no heartbeat. That heartbeat, that drum of life, that tiny heart means the world to me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...