Thursday, October 16, 2014

Capture Your Grief: Day 16

Rereat 
I used to think that a retreat in connection with Genesis meant meeting up or hanging out with other baby loss moms and doing baby loss things. Like sharing stories and things in memory of our children. And while I think those things are very important, it's no longer what I think of when I think of a retreat.

I have learned that I don't need to go anywhere or meet with anyone to find peace or comfort. I must find it in me. I now now the importance of meditation and having a sacred space to be able to unwind, relax and let feelings flow. 

There is no wrong or right way. At times I sit quietly. Other times I use my crystals or meditation beads. Other times I do yoga and sometimes I listen to music. Whatever takes me to peace is what I call my retreat. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...