Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The biggest wink

I just had the biggest wink happen. I'm still in shock. This really just did happen.

So I was letting my dog out to do his business and I was just standing out on the balcony holding D2. I couldn't have been there more than a few minutes when I saw a black little ball buzz up near where I was. Initially I thought it was a June bug and my door was wide open so I started to close it so it wouldn't get in the house. But just as I started to move it stopped. This black buzzing ball stopped zipping around and just stayed flying in one place long enough for me to see what it was.
Yes! The pink headed hummingbird! She stayed hovering in one place for about 2 solid seconds and looked right at me. So close I could have reached out and touched her. She could have easily flown in the house!! She was so close I could see the white around her eyes, the details of her metallic pink feathers on here neck and head and I could hear the buzzing of her rapidly moving wings. After 2 seconds she flew across the street. Before I could process what just happened A SECOND pink headed hummingbird followed right behind the first and did THE EXACT SAME THING. Flying to the same exact spot, hovering for about 2 solid seconds, within arms reach and again on the verge of entering the house. She also looked right at me and I admiring her beauty. And then she too flew off the same path as the first.

I was paralyzed. I could not react. All I could do was look at them. Jaw on the floor taking in what was happening. And we are so close to Genesis' birthday. 11 days to be exact. This is most certainly a sign. I immediately called my husband to tell him and he said maybe she wanted to get a good look at her little brother. That may be very true as well. 

I instant knew it was her especially after it happened twice. I feel like once is a nice wink but something could have happened that could have been passed off as nothing. This, well, there is no denying. I mean come on, what are the odds? 

That made me so very happy and brought me to tears.

1 comments:

Sarita Boyette said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these winks! xoxo

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...