Monday, February 3, 2014

Another appointment followed by past memories

I had yet another appointment to check on D2. Everything is looking good.

On our way home we decided to go a new route. We sort of got a little lost, but quickly found our way. This new route however had us pass by something unexpected. We drove past the mortuary. HER mortuary. I really dislike driving past it and seeing that huge oak tree in the front. It's not the tree. Or the building. It's the memories. This was the first time Marlon had seen her mortuary. As we drove by I told him "this is where I said hello and goodbye in the same breathe." And then of course it brought a tear to my eyes but we went on our way. 

We decided to stop at a burger place that I grew up around called High Life. As we were eating I had a flashback pop in my mind. Shortly after giving birth to Genesis my mom and I went and ate lunch there. It couldn't have been more than 1-2 weeks after she was born. This is where we ate.
I remember clearly that we sat in the booth to the left, second from the end. It's funny how such small details have escaped me all these years and how randomly I will remember these events.
I love documenting and adding bits and pieces to her story.

It's that time of year where her birthday is inching closer and closer. This will be the first time I will have 3 rainbows to bring to her garden for her "angelversary". That sort of leaves me in awe and a little emotional. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...