Friday, November 15, 2013

Time for a happy list

I have not done one of these in a while. Looks like my average is one a year. What a terrible track record. I really need to be doing this more often. 

Anyway here is a recent happy list of 10 more random things that make me happy:

1. Topping today's list is my husband. There was a time where I never thought I would get remarried. I wasn't against the idea but I just thought no one would want me with two kids. Many people see that as a lot of baggage. But I have been blessed to meet the love of my life and have an opportunity to do this again. The way it should have been to begin with. Not only is he a husband but a fantastic father to D & G. And we have an itty bitty rainbow (D2) on the way as well. I would have never guessed that things would happen like this. And I feel so very blessed for it all.

2. I have always loved collecting rocks. Not just any rocks. Pretty ones. When I was younger it was just about how pretty it was. But now I also value the properties it holds. Healing stones, fertility stones, stones for meditation. Some of my favorites are any type of crystal, opal and moon stone. 





3. Pregnancy makes me happy. Of course that includes any pregnancy I go through, but really this is just pregnancy in general. Thats one of the reasons I became a doula. It just fascinates me. The ability to grow a baby human and nurture it. And all the different ways that baby can be brought into the world. And also how strong we women are to go through something so monumental as childbirth. 




4. I love ombre anything. I loved ombre before it was called ombre. I honestly didn't know what to call it way back when. So I used to just say "different shades of the same color" or "color gradients". Now that there is a name to it, it just makes me find more possibilities to ombre anything and everything.






5. I love native american print. I just love it on any and everything. On clothes, decor, art, jewelry. You name it I love it. I find it absolutely gorgeous and it just is so visually pleasing to me.









6. I absolutely adore red hair. Well not so much RED red. More of a maroon/ burgundy color. It's my favorite color to be. I don't do it as often as I like for a few reasons. First, like the photo to the right, you'll see its a pretty bold red. I can never seem to achieve the perfect shade of red. It always seems to come out darker than I would like. And second, even if I do get a shade that Im ok with, it never lasts long enough. Red fades so quickly and dying it so much to keep the color is quite damaging. Still a very beautiful color.



7. I LOVE ALPHONSE MUCHA. He is one of my favorite artists. His style of art is very art nouveau. So elegant. Graceful. Feminine. I swoon over his art. There is something so peaceful and classic to his pieces. I also love Alphonse Mucha inspired art. Just something about that style. 







8. Succulents. There is something so timeless about succulents. So peaceful. So simple. So organic. I just love them. I especially love the ones with purple tones. I also like the fact that they don't need a lot of care. 






9. Tattoos. I have an admiration of tattoos. Not your typical skull and roses tattoos. There are some absolutely beautiful tattoos. It really can be art. And so expressive to put it on your body. So far I only have two tattoos. They are names in memory of my loved ones so they are not too artistic. If I had the nerve and if there ever came a time that I didn't care about the judgement of others I would probably cover myself in artwork. I just hate the stigma that comes with people with many/ visible tattoos. Its unfortunate. 






10. Candles. Who doesn't like candles? Im not a big fan of the holiday scented candles, mostly because Im allergic to many fragrances and will get an immediate migraine. Im ok with certain smells like I have a mango candle that is just delightful. Vanilla is amazing too. I love all shapes and sizes. I don't discriminate. Bring on the color as well. I have more candles than I know what to do with. Many are in storage. I especially love having them in clusters like in the photo to the left. Though thats not really doable in my home anymore as its not very child friendly. Still gorgeous to look at. I dream of my future home with a fireplace that will stacked with thick candles of various sizes and instead of lighting a fire with firewood, I would simply light all the candles. How romantic. And snuggling to that on a rainy day would be amazing. 

So there you have 10 more things I love. I hope to have another one of these posts soon. Until next time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...