Thursday, November 28, 2013

7 Thanksgivings ago….

Today not only am I thankful for what I do have, not only do I look back at my growth, but I also recall Thanksgiving 2006 and the memories I have from that day.


There I was, standing in my bathroom, holding this test in my hands and seeing the word PREGNANT on it. My hand was shaking. I distinctly remember looking in the mirror and seeing the look of shock in my face. I turned white. I could not believe that I was pregnant especially after only one month of trying. I kept thinking "omg there is a living thing, a baby, inside of me right now. omg." I was so young and naive. 

I was so over the mood that I wanted to tell everyone right then and there. And thats exactly what I did. I went next-door to my parents house and burst into the door saying  "GUESS WHAT?! YOU'RE GOING TO BE GRANDPARENTS!!" Everyone but my dad caught on right away. He simply replied with "huh, what?" And I just blurted out "IM GOING TO HAVE A BABY!" I honestly believed that once you were pregnant, you were going to give birth to a bouncing baby 9 nine months later. The word miscarriage or stillbirth did not even cross my mind.


Immediately my family threw an impromptu party.
My mother rushed to the store just before the bakery closed and bought a cake. The lady rushed to write "Congratulations" on it just before they closed. My mother also bought us our first baby item. Genesis first gift. A yellow bib that says "Daddy's Little Star". She also bought a bouquet of roses. And my siblings made some very cute fruit arrangements while my dad brought out a bottle of sparkling apple cider. We were all so very excited. 

{Ex husband blurred for privacy}




We had no idea what was in store.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...