Saturday, October 5, 2013

OC Walk to Remember 2013

Today was the OC Walk To Remember. And of course the whole reason I decided to go was to meet Carly. It literally was a once in a lifetime chance. Who knows if she will be able to come back to the states, let alone my neighborhood.
We were on our way out the door and the tears already stated to fill my eyes. I did not anticipate being so emotional. But I guess my hormones had other plans. As mentioned before, I am the exact number of days pregnant now with D2 as I was when Genesis was born. I think that connection also may have had an impact on me.

Also this is the first Walk To Remember that Marlon has come to me with so it was very special.

Anyway, I headed over to the Project Still booth first and they had already called Carly over to the stage so I had to wait till after the memorial ceremony to talk to her. It was a sweet surprise to see that Carly was asked to be one of the people to go on stage and read some of the babies names. So magical.

When the moment came for us to meet I was overcome with emotion. I didn't even have to tell Carly who I was, she knew. And I have to tell you it surprises me every time because she meets many baby loss families. We immediately hugged an amazing hug. I could hear her choking up which caused me to start the waterworks. I felt like such a fool crying but she assured me that she had been crying the whole day too. She met Marlon and the rainbows and got to see the new baby bump too. We walked over to her Still Project booth where I was given a goodie bag with some of her lovely photographs, a little jar of sand from Christian's beach mixed with fairy dust, a beautiful tear ornament and a small bag of sunflower seeds to plant. So so beautiful. Here are the photos:









I had also made Carly a little something to say thank you for all she has done for me and the baby loss community. Here is the card:



I made a lantern for Carly. I covered it in sea glass since I know the ocean holds a special place in her heart. I tried to arrange it in an ombré type style. I put a wire so that she can hang it. I also added a charm with the letter "C" for Christian. And a peace dove since I know those remind her of Christian. I included turquoise hearts since she loves that stone. And lastly I covered the top in sea shell bits which is removable. 

I have some of Christian's sand so I thought I would pack a Baggie of sand from Genesis' park. And if she wants to she can place that sand in the lantern when she lights the candle I provided. 


I also made an ornament for her with the letter "C". 


I know it's nothing fancy but they were made with so much love, gratitude and admiration. Today was just magical. 

And yesterday when we went out for dinner this was above our table:


A hummingbird. Totally a wink. And last night as I was laying in bed I felt D2 move from the outside for the first time. So so amazing. 

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Tiffany, I'm so happy for you that you got to meet Carly!!! What a beautiful moment. The gifts that you made for her were so beautiful and thoughtful, I'm sure she will treasure these gifts. I just wanted you to know I'm praying for you and your beautiful rainbow baby <3 I also have a surprise I wanted to share with you--I am finally pregnant with a rainbow baby. I am 11 weeks pregnant so a couple months behind you. You and your beautiful Genesis have played such an inspirational part of my life. You were one of the first baby loss mommies that I met and the first to write and remember my angel baby, Janessa's name--I will treasure that picture forever <3

Tiffany said...

Omg! I'm so thrilled for you! Congratulations! I will be praying for your little rainbow as well. Sending you love xoxo

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...