Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Capture Your Grief~ Day 2


2. Identity: What is your child’s name? Why did you chose that name? What is the meaning of their name? If they were born, what were their birth details. What were their features? Who are they?
Her name is Genesis Magali Lopez. We actually had another name picked out for her while I was pregnant with her. The name we settled on was Eva Violeta Lopez. Eva after my favorite actress and Violeta after my grandmother Abilla. But I never really LOVED he name 100%. So when she died and they told us we should name her I knew that that wasn't supposed to be her name. I had always loved the name Genesis but when we were thinking about names my then husband didn't like it so it was a no. After she died all that changed. I looked at him and told him, her name is Genesis. And her middle name Magali was after my mother. Genesis means birth/beginning. Very suiting name. Magali means daughter of the sea; precious pearl; daughter of light. Again a very fitting name for her. She was born on March 16th, 2007 at 5:26pm at Arcadia Methodist Hospital. She weighed 9.17 ounces. I didn't see her immediately after birth. I just didn't have it in me at the time. But I was told that she was pink and warm. Had dark very silky hair on the back of her head. Later when I saw her at the mortuary I saw that she had beautiful big lips just like her siblings. And she had my feet with very high arches. Who was she? That I don't. I know she was my first child. My first daughter. She still is. But I have no idea who she would have been. And I think thats part of the hurt of it all. I never got the chance to know who she was going to be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...