Sunday, September 22, 2013

Father of four

I'm just full of blog posts today huh? Sorry for the overload. But I guess I have had a lot on my mind and have had the need to just let stuff out and document things. 

So last night my husband put the kids to bed for me like he often does. And the kids get so lovey dovey with him. All snuggly and kissy. They usually ask for a song and they usually get one. But last night instead they just decided to talk and say and ask silly things, which they do sometimes.

So those of you that have read this blog from the beginning know that Genesis and my first two rainbows, D & G, were children I had with my ex husband. He has never been in the picture and the children have never even laid eyes on him. So for a while they didn't have a dad. Well now they do. And they have had Marlon for quite some time, so this isn't a new thing for them. But they still sometimes ask those questions for reassurment I'm sure.

So G wanted to sort of get D upset and so she told Marlon out loud so D could hear "daddy, your my daddy only." And he jumped in and said "yes G, I'm your daddy but I'm also D's daddy, and D2's daddy..." And then I heard this "and I'm Genesis' daddy too." Then D jumped in and said "but Genesis isn't here.." And Marlon replied, "ya but I'm still her Daddy." This brought tears to my eyes. We all know its true but hearing him say it because he believes it and him remembering her is amazing to me. I fall more and more in love with him each time he remembers her. We are so lucky that not only did he take the rainbows as his own but Genesis too. I'm in awe. Such an amazing man.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...