Tuesday, April 9, 2013

An emotional survey



As some of you may know, I am involved with Duke University who currently has a study about anencephaly. I participated shortly after Genesis was born by giving blood and getting an exam. And I have since updated them each time I have had a rainbow to let them know I have had a healthy baby. Well they recently reached out for volunteers to fill out a survey/ questionnaire about our experience and I of course volunteered. Well after a few weeks it finally came in the mail


I was filing it out just fine and came across this portion.



I honestly thought it was a little extreme having that disclosure right before starting the survey but then remembered that some mamas and daddies may have just had a recent loss. I so arrogantly came to the conclusion that since I was 6 years out this did not apply to me. Boy was I wrong. I got to the end of the survey to these questions. Man where they intense. I bawled through each of them.

One of the last questions they asked was something along the lines of "Is there anything else you would like to share about your pregnancy with anencephaly?" I simply answered as follows:
My pregnancy with anencephaly was and is named Genesis Magali Lopez. She was my first child and she made me a mother. I have since had two more children but I am still a mother of 3. You should know that she is still loved. Still thought of everyday. Still missed. And still very much a part of our family. 

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I love what you wrote in response to the last question. Beautifully said!

((hugz))

Hannah Rose said...

That's great of you to participate in the study...I'm sure it's emotional, but to know Genesis and your story might help save other baby's in the future is amazing. I would love to participate in a study on stillbirth.

Your answer to that question brought tears to my eyes...so beautiful and sweet.

By the way, Duke University is just down the road from me. I live in Raleigh, NC.

Hugs! <3

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...