Monday, March 11, 2013

Out of the mouth of babes

The kids and I have been talking a lot about Genesis lately especially since her birthday is this Saturday. They know about the plans we are making and are excited for them. Whenever we are playing outside they pick flowers and tell me those flowers are for Genesis. So very very sweet. However, the other day D said something to me that made me very sad. Once again, they understand more than we know. D was sitting at the table eating dinner while I was sitting on the couch, and from the kitchen he tells me "Mommy, one day we are going to die... Just like Genesis." This totally caught me off guard. I really didn't know what to say except ask him why he said that. He didn't really say why. But I told him that yes, no one lives forever. But it will be a long long long time before we leave this Earth. Sigh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...