Thursday, October 4, 2012

Some great news and some not so great news

Ill start with the good news. My dad is doing much better. They were able to take the breathing tube out and he is talking. He seems to recognize us and seem his pretty usual self. He still has a bit before they let him go home but he is heading in the right direction. Thank goodness. He seriously is lucky to be alive.

Now the not so good news. So the OC Walk To Remember is this weekend. I registered for this quite some time ago and Mr. M said he would go with me. He really wanted to go and show his support. Well a combination of miscommunication and lack of communication lead to a big mix up. He thought it was next weekend, not this weekend. He had already put a request through at work to be off and everything only to realize it was for the wrong week. So long story short, he will not be able to come this saturday. I can't tell you how disappointed I am. The moment I found this out, I think you could have literally heard my heart break. I felt like I got kicked in the gut. This really, truly, sucked so hard. Im even questioning going myself. I know I know. This walk is for her not for him. True. Ive done it before alone. True. But now I have someone. I am not alone. And he supports me with remembering Genesis and he is a huge part of my life. The rainbows even love him and he is a big part of their life as well. We all wanted him to go. Going alone is tough. Not only emotionally but physically keeping the two little ones in check through a 5k is a challenge. Plus I didn't really enjoy the OC walk the last time I went as it was much to big and corporate and didn't feel the love like I did for the LA walk. Sigh. Im still not sure what I am going to do. We will see how I feel saturday I guess.

1 comments:

TanaLee Davis said...

I say go and if you don't feel right about it, leave. You never know who will be there and who's lives you can touch. Hugs mama-
Felicia

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...