Friday, October 26, 2012

Bitter sweet goodbye to my sweet Yoshi

I have mentioned Yoshi before here. Yoshi is my black pomeranian. I bought him right after Genesis died. He brought me much comfort then. He was born Valentine's Day 2007... Genesis was alive then. Every year I think about how Yoshi and Genesis should have been the same age. Sigh. At any rate, I have reached a crossroads in my life where I need to simplify my life. I have too much on my shoulders as a single mom and 3 kids, a boyfriend, two goldfish and two dogs is getting to be a lot. So Im gonna take it down a notch to just one dog. Its sad to say goodbye to Yoshi but it needs to be done. He is just too much work. 

Yoshi was raised on a puppy mill. I had no idea until after I brought him home. As a result he wasn't really socialized as a puppy and is very skittish. He acts very nervous, as if I just brought him home yesterday and as if he didn't know his surroundings. Ive had him for 5 years pretty much since he has been born. He is a sweetie though, thats for sure, but he doesn't like to sit still for long and he isn't much fun for the rainbows to play with. He makes my other dog bark and it would just be easier with one dog. I am fortunate enough to have found a great home for him with a lovely single mama. I know he will be taken good care of there. He is being placed tomorrow. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...