Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Winks and things

Im a few days late with this post. I had something incredible happen last friday, the day after my birthday. I was sitting on the stairs outside my home like I frequently do. I was enjoying cooler air since it was so hot inside.  After a few minutes I suddenly hear a buzzing sound that sounded very close to me. At first I thought it was one of those june bugs that seem to come out in the summer. But as the sound continued I noticed it wasn't so much a buzzing sound as it was a fluttering sound. I stood up to see a humming bird just flying in place looking right at me. Just flying there, face to face with me. I had my camera in hand and tried to take a picture but I was caught so off guard and stunned that I couldn't pull myself together fast enough to take a photo. This sweet little bird stayed hovering there about 3 feet in front of my face for a good 5-7 seconds. She zig zagged a couple times each time getting even closer to me. It was amazing. She was so close that I could have reached out and touched her. Im still stunned this little sweetheart and eye locked eyes for such a long time. She defiantly made a lasting impression on me.

Also a few weeks ago the Lost For Words Card Line was asking for new submissions for their 2013 calendar. I wanted to submit a quote but had no idea which one. Its not like Im full of philosophical and insightful quotes. I had to think long and hard and come from the heart with a quote that would make both me and Genesis proud. And a quote that would inspire and help other BLMs. That's a lot of pressure. So I thought long and hard and actually came up with something. I was sure there were a bunch of BLMs submitting quotes and thought that mine surely would fall short compared to their beautiful thoughts. I submitted my quote thinking that would be the last of that and that I at least tried. To my surprise I got an email yesterday confirming that they are in fact going to use my quote for the 2013 calendar. I was shocked! I had no idea my quote was good enough! I had no idea how these things work but I asked if my quote could be used for Genesis' birth month, March, and I was told that they could make that happen. How wonderful! Now I must buy one of the 2013 calendars! What an honor! Im beyond thrilled. And after all that I can't even remember the quote that I submitted haha! So when it comes out it will be a surprise to both you all and I.

1 comments:

TanaLee Davis said...

That is so neat that you get to have a quote printed plus the bonus of it in Genesis birth month! You must be so ecstatic to see it all come to life once printed...wonder what the photo will be?? hugs mama-
Felicia

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...