Monday, May 14, 2012

A new someone

I had been dating a new guy for a little while now and over the weekend he asked me to officially be his girlfriend. Being the amazing man that he is, I of course said yes. This is a HUGE deal to me. This is my first actual relationship since my divorce. This is the first time I am in a relationship as a mother and its all new. Exciting yet terrifying. There were quite a few things I was looking for in a partner that I was not willing to negotiate on. A couple of these requirements were that this person knows about Genesis and realizes I have 3 kids not 2. Recognizes that her life counted though it was short, and that she is forever loved and remembered. Someone that will allow me to speak her name, reminisce and miss her. More importantly, someone that will love her because I love her. And someone that will support me in keeping her memory alive.

Of course I will also need someone who will take on that father role for the kids I do have with me still. Who will take care of them and come to love them and all that obvious stuff. In line with that, someone that can accept how I got pregnant with G because I know that its not a typical situation and some people have been very quick to judge. These along with some other major things were things that I needed in a partner.

I am happy to say that I found that in an incredible man. For privacy reasons, I will refer to him as Mr. M. He has already shown me and my kids such love and support that I am blown away. He saw some pictures that I took of Genesis' 5th birthday this last March and how I took her flowers and such, and he told me he wished that he had known me then so that he could come with me and show his support. He said he would have brought her flowers as well. He lets me talk about her all I want without judgement and one time while talking to him about her, he even broke down and cried. This is a huge deal as he doesn't cry easily, even when his ex father in law (who he was very close to) passed away. He was even surprised by it. He has a really good heart. We talk a lot about the future and said he would consider it an honor if he could join me in remembering Genesis on her birthday every year and any other time during the year that I wanted.

I think this is the beginning of something really really good.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

thinking of you and hoping that things continue to go well with Mr. M.

Shauna said...

So happy for you!

Tabatha said...

He sounds wonderful! The support of a partner in the dealings of grief are so incredibly important. An so glad you have found the qualities you are looking for :)

TanaLee Davis said...

Awesome Tiffany.
I'm so glad to hear that you've found what you've been wanting and longing for in a man. I look forward to hearing more about this "Mr. M" :)
~Felicia

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...