Thursday, January 12, 2012

More happiness

I am overdue for another happy list post. So just as last time, here are 10 random things that make me happy.


1. I love crafting. I cannot tell you the joy it brings me to do something creative. Its even better when Im making this for someone else. I love bringing a smile to someones face. I also love that my crafts that I sell are used to fund something so worthy... memory boxes that are donated to the hospital Genesis and my rainbows were born at. 










2. Music. Music is amazing to me. I love everything about it. I can read it, write it and play it. I love listening to it, discovering new music and dancing to it. It speaks to me. It evokes such emotions and feelings and even memories. Takes me back to a place in time. Transports me to a place I wish I could be, even for just the 3 minutes the song is playing. It brings me so much joy.




3. Thunderstorms. They make me VERY VERY happy. I am in awe of their power and beauty. I could stay up all night watching the silver flashes of light in the sky, listening to the rolling thunder and pouring rain. Just leaves me breathless. And of course with all that action in the skies you are in for some awesome sunsets as well and if your lucky, you may be treated to some rainbows :)






4. Well number 3 lead in quite nicely to this one. Rainbows. This one should be quite obvious as to why I like them :) But Ill say it anyway. I love them because I have two rainbow babies of my own. It reminds me of how very special they are. But not only that rainbows are actually pretty spectacular. Even the biblical meaning behind them is quite amazing. And to add one more bit of specialness to rainbows, I am an 80's baby so you know I goes to love me rainbow bright and really anything with rainbows. Takes me back to my childhood.


5. I love to cook. Im getting pretty good at it if I do say so myself. I am all about eating healthy and I try not to eat a lot of red meat. Thats quite the feat being Cuban and all. But as a result I have come to love fish. I eat a lot of it. I make a pretty mean garlic and lemon pepper salmon if I do say so.






6. Again on the topic of food and fish. I had to put sushi on my list. I ADORE sushi. More specifically I LOVE sashimi. The texture of raw fish is amazing! My favorites are tuna and salmon. I could eat it all day. It literally melts in your mouth. Mmmm. I could go for some right now. I love rolls too like hawaiian rolls, rainbow rolls and dynamite rolls.


7. Sort of in line with sushi and sashimi, I love smoked salmon aka lax aka gravad lax. Im still not sure if this falls in the raw fish category. I guess its sort of a controversial topic haha but regardless I love it. I love it just as its pictured. On a toasted bagel with cream cheese... mmm. Only thing missing in this picture that would have topped it off was capers. Omg yum!  
8. I am into exercise now. Well I have been for about the last 6 months. Having 3 kids pretty much back to back is not kind on a mama's body. So I knew it was time to focus on me now and get to starting to feel good and feel good about myself. I love running and staying active. I am pleased to say I have lost 20 pounds since I have started exercising. I hope to loose another 30. I seriously feel fantastic. The best I have probably ever felt. I should have done this years ago. I love pushing myself at the gym. The end results are well worth it. 














9. In line with my last post, nothing makes a gym girl happier than a nice pair of cute running shoes. For real, aren't these SO cute! And they are very comfortable. Im serious when I say they make a world of a difference in joint pain when running. And seriously, the confidence booster is amazing. 










10. Last but not least, gerber daisies. Not just any gerber daisies though. Light pink, coral and cream. I adore them. They are one of my favorite flowers. They brighten up the room. I mean seriously, how can you look at these flowers and not feel happy? They are happy flowers :) And so delicate and feminine. I wish I could have a vase full of them on my dinning room table all the time. Such a pretty flower.

1 comments:

TanaLee Davis said...

Gerber daisies were in TanaLee's memorial flowers. :( I love them too- for that reason, they connect me to her now. Exercise was one thing I loved before getting married...we shall see if that love comes back. hugs-
felicia

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...