Sunday, January 1, 2012

Leaving another year behind

I can't believe its 2012. Wow. Seriously, where does the time go?


I ended the year on a high note. For starters, I took the rainbows to visit Genesis stone. It has been way too long since our last visit. As always they had a blast and D knew exactly where her stone was and was very excited to see it. 


I was going to spend new years eve at home, alone, as always... but then I got invited to an impromptu trip to Santa Barbara with the family. We had a very nice time. While there was about 3 hours left on the clock for the year a commercial came up on tv. It asked if you were pregnant and on Topamx and if your baby was born with a defect you are entitled to a settlement. {remember my previous post about topamax?} I have not seen one of these commercials in ages. And why now? Right as the year is closing? I felt like maybe it was a kind of wink to let me know she is not forgotten and maybe right there with us in spirit. Who knows...


Then today as we were walking around Santa Barbara I came across this statue:


It had this plaque on it:
Sea horses are another thing that reminds me of Genesis, and Im sort of drawn to them as well. Did you see the date on the plaque? July 29th, that was Genesis' EDD. I think its a bit too much to be a coincidence. Either way it brought me comfort. 


Today being Jan 1st and all, it begins the difficult journey that is the beginning of the year. Each month that approaches March is more difficult than the last. I cant believe I am approaching 5 years without my sweet daughter. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...