Thursday, January 19, 2012

First time, shame on you. Second time, shame on me...

Ive been duped. Again. Another BLM is discover to have been fake. 


Let me take you back. About 2 and a half years ago I met this BLM online. She and I had about 30 mutual friends on Facebook so you would think she was "safe" to add and offer support to. Her name was Denise Oliver. Her husband was on Facebook too, Michael Oliver. And the both of them were friends with many of the people I had as friends online. I never friended Michael but saw many of his posts between our mutual friends. 


Her story was that she had lost boy/ girl twins, Emily and Blake. I can't remember when this loss was said to take place or why or at what gestation. However what I do remember over the course of our "friendship" was that there was a lot of drama with the Olivers. After she had the twins she claimed to have postpartum eclampsia. She reported several hospital visits and seizures a long with many other medical problems like blood clots and even emotional distress like depression and suicidal thoughts. She even claimed that she had a hysterectomy because of some complication from having the twins.


She complained all the time that she could not handle knowing other people were pregnant and knowing she would never be pregnant again. Everything was a trigger for this woman. I didn't want to feel like I was walking on eggshells and she seemed to be pretty disturbed so I quietly deleted her. She realized I wasn't on her friends list shortly after and messaged me asking if I would friend her again because she needed support. I felt so bad for her, but I thought it was funny as we didn't really talk much. So I added her again. During this time she adopted two sons, older kids.


Then last year she announced that she and Michael had found a surrogate and were going to have a rainbow. Well this rainbow made it here safely a few months ago. Well something happened in the last few days that someone found out she was going to have another rainbow. But word got out that SHE was pregnant. Well this caused quiet the stir as you would imagine when someone who has had a hysterectomy states they are pregnant. She finally confessed publicly that she never had a hysterectomy and that she lied about it to protect herself from being asked questions about ttc and having rainbows. Um... that doesn't make sense but ok. I remembered she would complain all the time about not being able to have more kids and triggers.... it was all a lie.


I decided that someone that lied so much and to the extent she did to an already hurting community wasn't someone I was interested in staying friends with. So I promptly deleted and blocked both her and her husband. I thought that was the end of it... until I logged back online to see the public uproar.


Turns out there is no Denise Oliver. Her husband Michael Oliver is actually Will Oliver. Will has a profile on Facebook that was public and this face Denise stole all his family photos and claimed them as her own. Everything was a lie. This wasn't her. This wasn't her family. Those kids were not named what she said they were. She never had twins... everything was a lie. EVERYTHING.


I know this isn't the first time there have been fake BLMs, and it won't be the last. But it never ceases to amaze me what people do. How sick people are. And why on earth would you WANT to be part of this"club". WHY? You want to have a dead child? I would gladly trade places with you and want to know nothing of this "club". And the extent of the lies is incredible. A sociopath for sure.


So I have gone over my friends list online at least 4 times the last day or so cutting people that I don't really know, that I don't really talk to or have a bad feeling about. This just really scares the crap out of me.

3 comments:

TanaLee Davis said...

Seriously freaky....ahhhh...go through my followers would you trust them? some of these followers of mine have never commented on my blog or anything....idk...im freaked out now

Melissa said...

That is just disgusting. I will never understand those people. i am very careful who I "friend" on FB now, but it's always hard to know who to trust if you don't know them IRL. =(

Tiffany said...

Omg, people are seriously crazy. I can't believe someone would do that. I'm glad I'm no longer on fb. I don't think I could handle drama like that. How upsetting.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...