Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Day 19: What is your happiest memory of your child(ren)?

I think my first moment of happiness came Thanksgiving Day 2006 when I found out I was pregnant with my first child.

Then came the first time I saw her on the ultrasound machine. She was bouncing around EVERYWHERE. Both my mom and I were in awe. She cried tears of joy.

Surprisingly the next moment of brief happiness was when she was born. I felt so accomplished when I finally had given birth. I was a mother for the first time ever. And she was a girl!! {I had so hoped she was a girl}

Then my next brief moment of happiness was when I saw her for the first time at the mortuary. We were reunited. I was a peace holding her in my arms. Together for that moment in time.

Now my moments of happiness come when someone mentions her or remembers her all on their own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...