Monday, August 22, 2011

Someone new learns about Genesis

I did it. I mentioned to you all that I met someone new... Mr. X. And I had not yet told him that I was actually the mother of 3 children. Well that all changed last night. We were talking and then the subject of the kids came up and my mothering them... and it just felt like the right time. Here is what I said:


me: "You know... Since you brought up the kids... there is something I have to tell you..."


mr. x: "Ok, Im all ears..."


me: "I actually have 3 kids... However my first daughter passed away. I didnt want to mention it before as it's a bit awkward for others... But she is very much still loved and still a member of the family. She would have been 4. I dont tell you so that you feel sorry for me or anything... I bring her up because what mom doesn't like talking about her kids :) Just thought I would share this really important aspect of my life with you. I cant wait to see her in the new system and have her meet her siblings."


I tell you... my heart was in my throat as I told him this. I had no idea how he was going to react to this. I sort of imagined just like everyone else that isnt a BLM... sort of aghast, shocked and maybe even turned off like I was some freak weirdo walking around with leprosy. After what felt like an eternity here is what he replied with:


mr. x: "Very sorry to hear that... must take quite a bit of strength and love to carry on as you must have been..... I would have had an older brother but he passed when he was a baby... and my mom had two miscarriages before she had me. You are truly beautiful tiffany."


Wow. I was blown away. His mom was a BLM. And he is her rainbow. {I have yet to explain rainbow babies to him... but in time} And he isnt even a father and he recognizes how difficult this is. I couldn't ask for a more understanding man. He was raised by his mom in a single parent house so he has a great admiration for single moms and knows the life of a single mom, and being that she was a BLM too he knows that aspect as well, well at least better than your average joe.


I went on to tell him that her name was Genesis. He replied that she had a lovely name and that he thought I was superwoman before but now he is sure of it. Wow, Im just blown away. Im so glad I finally told him, it feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. It can only be smooth sailing from here. And things are going great. I ask for continued prayers that if this is a good thing for my rainbows and I, to let it happen.

10 comments:

Mary said...

Tiffany, sounds like you have a keeper! He sounds just wonderful.

Danae said...

He sounds so sweet and it's nice that he understand. It's awful that his mom when through that also, but I think since she did, that just makes him even that much more special, because he does get it.

crystal theresa said...

He sounds amazing, as he should be to be with such an awesome women :). His mom being a BLM and him being rainbow, means a lot. I pray things continue to go well and that your relationship continues to blossom.

Franchesca said...

Aww Tiffany, he sounds amazing!!!!!

Caroline said...

That is so awesome , he sounds so wonderful. Keeping you in my prayers.

Holly said...

He sounds like such an awesome guy :) and more understanding than just the avg joe. So glad you found someone like him!

Heather Moore said...

That gave me chills! I love his response. Sounds like a keeper to me. :) I'm so happy for you Tiffany!

TanaLee Davis said...

WOW! I have nothing more to say...except maybe nothing short of a miracle. love you tiffany!
~Felicia

Becky Baker said...

Yikes! That IS amazing....His mom a single mom, a blm, and he's a rainbow...yikes! That truly is amazing!!
Happy for you Tiffany, praying it goes well you deserve it!!

Tiffany said...

so glad he is accepting of your baby girl. and so sorry that his mom is a BLM too :(

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...