Monday, June 27, 2011

Today is the day

My first niece is making her grand appearance into the world today. My sister-in-law's c-section is scheduled for noon today. What a mix of emotions. I am very excieted to be an aunt again and to my first ever niece. Im headed towards uncharted territory here. Then not to mention that they choose to have a c-section... my doula alarm is going off in my head ha ha! But that is neither here nor there. It is their choice to make, not mine. I however an very anxious that she is a girl. Nothing personal... all girl pregnancies do this to me, not just theirs. It's just a reminder of the pregnancy I had with my first girl that will never result in me being able to take her home with me. It's still a sore spot for me: even 4 years and 2 rainbows later. It's still there. I dont think it will ever really go away 100%. But for now I cope. I think its safe to say they are brining home a baby girl, though as we all know anything can still happen. I truly hope the best for them and pray that everything goes smoothly.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Wow! She's choosing to have a section? That just seems really odd to me.

Tiffany said...

Ya she had a c-sec with her first and she refuses to even consider a vback. Not because of the risks but because she didn't care to be informed and just went along with her dr saying once a c-sec always a c-sec. Plus she says sections are easier. Lol you have to be kidding me. Major abdominal surgery easier than pushing your child out and being able to walk around hours later. Sheesh

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...