Thursday, June 9, 2011

An odd mixture of emotions

As each day passes this month, and the closer we inch to the end of the month, I find myself getting anxious. I mentioned quite some time ago that my brother and his wife are expecting their second child. A girl. I don't know why little girls do this to my heart. I'm just sort of holding my breath for the day. It's a schedule C-section for June 29th. Don't even get me started on the fact that its on the 29th....Genesis EDD was July 29th. I feel like a kid that has a bandage on a wound just waiting for that bandage to be ripped off. I'm expecting it, I'm apprehensive, I'm sort of holding my breath, wondering of the unknown. But this isn't one of those times where the bandage is ripped off quickly and its done. Oh no. It's not that easy. Its like when you try to gently take it off and it actually hurts more. You do millimeter by millimeter. It pulls every skin cell and hair you have along with the scab from the wound it is covering. It takes a long time taking it off that way and is pretty painful. Even after its off you realize that the bandage took with it some of the scab and has caused your wound to open up again. That's exactly what I'm feeling emotionally. Sigh. Although part of me is excited that I can say I have a niece now. Only time will tell.

3 comments:

Becky Baker said...

Ugh!!!! I know exactly what u mean! My sis in law is due exactly one month before my daughters 1 yr anniversary of her EDD!!!
Lil baby girls do the same thing to me :-( they rip my heart out!
I'm sorry my dear!!
Big hugs to you

xedennazalea said...

I know what you mean. It is definitely harder for me to see little girls than boys. Don't you just wish she was a he!?!? I hope everything goes ok when you meet her. You will be in my thoughts and prayers (:

Tiffany said...

I know what you mean. It is definitely harder for me to see little girls than boys. Don't you just wish she was a he!?!? I hope everything goes ok when you meet her. You will be in my thoughts and prayers (:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...