Thursday, June 9, 2011

30 day challenge: Day 9

Day 09- Something you’re proud of in the past few days

Nothing really significant really has happened in the last few days for me to be proud of. I guess I could say that I am proud of myself for still keeping my head above water.

Obviously when Genesis died my world colapsed and crumbled from right under me. When my ex husband left me 5 months later, the little world that was still left after Genesis died was completly demolished. I had nothing left. Being pregnant with my first rainbow gave me the strength to live and continue on. When I lost my job when I was about 4 months pregnant with my rainbow, I swore that someone was out to get me and wanted to watch me fail. Yes that was one of the most difficult times in my life. I went from making a very nice living for a 20-something year old, around $80k a year, to living off welfare and foodstamps. It was a very humbling experience and I am actually glad now that I went through it. It tought me some very important lessons. 

I have come a long way since then. Through the 11 months of unemployment, I was responsible enough to never be late on any bills, and always pay the full amount. I was able to still provide for myself and my rainbow. I was able to climb out of this hole and stand on my own two feet and provide for my family. 

Don't me wrong, my financial situation is still far from perfect, but I have come a long way since 2008 and I am proud of myself for still standing today. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...