Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Something to cuddle

Back to a happy post for today! A while ago, and I do mean a while ago, I found The Schuyler Blanket Project. You can read all about them on the link, but in short they make blankets for berieved families. Since we dont have a baby to hold on to, they make something for you to hold. Each square is hand made by volunteers. This was founded by a lovely BLM named Tammany Harding after losing her precious daughter Schuyler.

Well after about year of waiting I finally got my blanket. I was in tears when I saw it. Here she is:







Would you look at the beauty of this blanket! I am blown away. This blanket was made by 19 different ladies. I am just in love with it.I really didnt see all the detail up close, but when I took that picture from the top I could see the hearts in some of the squares. And look at the white square all the way to the bottom right, its a ladybug! This is so very special as a very special BLM friend (you know who you are) loves ladybugs as it reminds her of her baby. It's just one more way that our girls connect us. Very special indeed. As you can tell its all ready on my bed. It has been awesome cuddling this blanket with the rainbows. I can just feel the love that went into it. It has really inspired me and I think I would like to Add more squares to it to make it a full size blanket. When I get to that I will definately post about it.
These letters and cards were included in the package. Just so touching.

9 comments:

Holly said...

This is really neat!

Wyatt's Mommie said...

So touching!!!

Deanna said...

beautiful!!

Caroline said...

So amazing :)

TanaLee Davis said...

I love this Tiffany!
~Felicia

Stephanie said...

perfect

elena said...

Wow!

Tiffany said...

Wow!

Tiffany said...

I love this Tiffany!
~Felicia

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...