Tuesday, May 3, 2011

4 boxes for 4 years

I apologize that I am way late with this post. I had planned to donate 4 boxes to represent the 4 years without my daughter on her birthday back in March. Unfortunately because of scheduling {on both my part and the hospitals part} I was not able to drop them off until this last weekend. So it was about 6 weeks late, but better late then never. Here are the photos of some of the little items I picked out to include in the boxes. Each item was carefully hand picked and had a lot of thought and love go into it.




 I made 2 girl boxes and 2 boy boxes. Here they are.

 Inside I carefully marked my inspiration behind it all.
 And here they are filled with all their lovely items.




Here is a close up of the poem I included inside the boxes.
I wanted to give a special thank you to Cassie for coming with me to drop off the boxes. As a single mom, I find it hard to do even the simplest of things like drop off these boxes. To tote two kids around and carry these 4 boxes into the hospital would have been close to impossible. So thank you for helping me, thank you for supporting my cause, and for remembering Genesis along with me.

The lady I have been in communication with about dropping off these boxes was not in at the time. There were 3 NICU nurses in at the time and the gladly recieved the boxes. 
There were no tears this time, though Im sure there would have been if I stayed around a little longer. As we were leaving they started to look inside the boxes and I know that was a trigger last time when she admired every little treasure in the box. Tears or not, I am very happy to do this. There will definately be more boxes where that came from. My heart hurts though, thinking of the families that these precious boxes will be going to. They will be leaving with a box filled with momentos rather than their child. Those poor poor parents. I hope in the years to come they treasure these boxes as I do mine.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Beautiful Tiffany! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the idea of the butterflies on the inside of the box with a poem. I might just have to steal that idea for our Mikayla's Grace donations!

Raquel said...

Amazing!! Love the boxes. It is hard to know someone will be taking one of those home but as a mommy who did not have something like that it would have been better to walk out with something.

Hugs!

Sarita Boyette said...

The boxes are so pretty! You did a great job on them. I never got anything to take home and it would have been so nice to have a remembrance of some kind from the hospital.

Heather Moore said...

I love the boxes. You did a wonderful job on them. They will be a great memento to families in need. I hope they feel the love that was put into them.

Tiffany said...

Beautiful Tiffany! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the idea of the butterflies on the inside of the box with a poem. I might just have to steal that idea for our Mikayla's Grace donations!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...