Friday, April 22, 2011

The mommy clock

I have actually been meaning to blog about this topic for a while. I have sort of talked about it here and there online with my various BLM friends. But today my dear BLM friend Tori shared a quote online and it's so beautiful I thought I would share it here with you all:

"A miscarriage is a natural and common event. All told, probably more women have lost a child from this world than haven't. Most don't mention it, and they go on from day to day as if it hadn't happened, so people imagine a woman in this situation never really knew or loved what she had.

But ask her sometime: how old would your child be now? And she'll know." ~Barbara Kingsolver
This quote is so true. Though I have never had a miscarriage I'm sure anyone that has suffered a loss of a child at any age can relate. The mommy clock... how from the start of our pregnancies we start counting. Mamas of living children always know how old their children are, carefully keeping count of all their children's ages and milestones. BLMs are no different. They keep on counting too. We always know how old our children would have been. The mama clock doesn't stop even when their little hearts do. ♥ 
How old would your baby(ies) have been?

10 comments:

Tiffany said...

I should have 15 month and 1 week old twins. We lost baby 'Bee' at about 8 weeks gestation and our Ellie at 9 months old.
I like this quote. It's so very true.

Bethany said...

I saw this quote on FB too... so very true. Sebastion should be about 4 months old if he had lived to term... miss him deeply.

TanaLee Davis said...

I love this quote along with the one on your mama clock.
TanaLee would have been a year & six months old
(corrected age: a year & three months old) had she made it out of those hospital doors. :/
I miss her so much it kills me. I can't even imagine now what she'd be doing at this wonderful age.

~Felicia

mrsnice777 said...

I'm gonna have to steal this quote! ;-) It's perfect!!

Jamie

Mary said...

Beautiful quote. Addie would be 8 months old on the 27th.

Caroline said...

I had three miscarriages ~ Riley would be 5 yrs old ~ Little Muffin would be 3 yrs old and I should still be pregnant w/ Sweetpea due this July.

This is Beautiful

Franchesca said...

Very well spoken Tiffany. We certainly don't forget. Jenna would be almost two. I've been thinking loads about it too lately. Thank you for voicing this :)

xo

Holly said...

That quote is true! Absolutely!! Jordan would be 7 right now and Carleigh would be 2

Tiffany said...

That quote is true! Absolutely!! Jordan would be 7 right now and Carleigh would be 2

Tiffany said...

I love this quote along with the one on your mama clock.
TanaLee would have been a year & six months old
(corrected age: a year & three months old) had she made it out of those hospital doors. :/
I miss her so much it kills me. I can't even imagine now what she'd be doing at this wonderful age.

~Felicia

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...