Monday, April 25, 2011

Ive bonded

Way back when before I got married or had children you would hear of terrible things in the news and stories spread by word of mouth. Stories that included terrible things that have happened to children. Yes, even death.

Yet before I was a BLM or even a mother, these were just sad stories. I couldn't relate. I knew it was a tragic event and I would say a prayer for these hurting families but that was about the extent of my understanding.

I'm a different person now. I don't know if its because I am a mother or because I am a BLM. I have never known motherhood without having been a BLM so I cant really separate the two. But when I hear of these terrible things happening now, my heart grieves. Like, really grieves. I picture it as having been my child. I hear stories of loss everyday because of all the BLMs I know. And though I wasn't given the opportunity to meet their babies, I feel that I have come to know them through their stories and through their mamas. Each story touches my heart and brings tears to my eyes. I grieve for these children. For their mamas. For their families. 

Yesterday I was looking through the photos of a BLM friends sweet baby before he passed and at the funeral. Though I have seen these photos before they just brought tears to my eyes. I had to just let it all out. Before I knew it I was looking at many other BLM photos and the sobs just came. I miss these babies for their mamas so very much. And my pain and hurt sort of surprised me yesterday. I came to a realization... I actually have come to love these babies. Love them as if they were part of my own family. We truly are BLM sisters. 

So I just wanted to share with all you amazing ladies (and men if you're out there) that I truly love your babies. Your stories have touched and changed my life. Your support and friendship has made me a better person and has helped me get to where I am today. Sending you all my love and thoughts.

3 comments:

michelle hs said...

you are an amazing mama! i agree that we are definitely all connected by our babies and i love you all!!! hugs

brigette said...

You are so sweet!! I totlly agree with you!! I gave you an award on my blog! Check it out if youd like to pass it on :) Much love!!

TanaLee Davis said...

Wow. That is great to see you not only be care about your own story but also that of others. I mean its one thing to cry the first time you read another person has lost ect....but its a whole new ball game when you still cry. You know what I'm trying to say?
The fact that you share in our grief fully is sad and comforting all wrapped up into one. You inspire so many but you continue to amaze me with your love and appreciation for the human soul. Thank you Tiffany. Your story continue's to grow through the years and as time goes on I'm bonding to you and your story. Thank you my dear sister.

~Felicia

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...