Monday, April 25, 2011

Internet Dangers

I had just been talking to a BLM about the "trolls" on the internet the other day. We were talking about the fact that I don't put D & G's photos on this blog. I was explaining to her my reasons for doing so. I had previously seen people steal photos of babies {after they have passed} and claiming them as their own. I have also see the photos stolen and used in a most terrible manner having sickening captions and stories of lies tied into the photos. For that reason I have never publicly shared Genesis' photo. It would devastate me if some sick person on the internet did anything like that with her photo.  Im even more protective of the rainbows. I was actually thinking of loosening up a bit and maybe sharing some pics when the unthinkable happened.

Let me take you back a moment. About a year ago I met a woman through facebook that went by the name of Jenna Evans. She said she had two daughters. Hailey-Jade, who I think was about 4 years old and Bentley. Bentley was born with a fatal condition Holoprosenchely (HPE) and they knew everyday was a gift and that she didn't have long before she would pass. She passed away at 3 months old. 2 months later Hailey-Jade passed away from complications of swine flu. I remember hearing her story and having my heart ripped out. I cried so many times for this mama. 

Over the weekend something shocking happened. It was discovered that Jenna had actually stolen the identity of a woman on myspace named Holly. Holly was the one who actually had a daughter born with Holoprosenchely. And her name was not Bentely, it was actually Kenzlee-Rae. Sadly she did pass away. So not only did Jenna steal her photos but her story too. Turns out "Jenna" did have a daughter named Hailey-Jade who is actually very much alive still. I cannot tell you how shocked I am. Shocked that someone stole someones identity, photos and story. I am even more disgusted that someone would lie and say their living child died. What would possess a person to do that? who actually wants to be a BLM? This person is seriously ill. Jenna's facebook profile has since been deleted. But what terrifies me is that she was on my friends list for over a year. A years worth of my rainbows photos was at her fingertips. I seriously think I'm going to be sick. I guess I should have paid more attention to her photos. She never had a photo with her and Hailey-Jade, nor did she ever have a photo with the two girls together.

I usually do not just add random people on facebook. However when I see a BLM in need I am there to help. I usually see that we have many friends in common when I add them. I used to think this was something that assure me this person was safe but "Jenna" and I had over 15 mutual friends. I am most definitely more selective on who I add. I want to offer my support to BLMs but my children's safety comes first. I had to go through my friends list and clean out the people that I don't interact with on a regular basis or don't know particularly well. Of course I don't want to hurt the feelings of any BLMs but again, my children's safety comes first.

I'm sharing this story with you all to please be cautious of who you add and what photos you put out there on the internet. Anyone, absolutely anyone can get a hold of your photos and do all sorts of sick things. 

Having said all that...Kristine, the mama who discovered this, has been working very hard to locate this "Jenna" woman and her daughter. She is afraid that she may be in danger with a woman like this. I pray that little girl is safe and that "Jenna" gets the help she needs.

9 comments:

TanaLee Davis said...

How creepy and sick minded. It kinda freaks me out since I have tons of photos of TanaLee on my blog and anyone can follow me. Yikes. I sue hope nobody pretends to be me.
~Felicia

Jill said...

So sad that someone would do this. I am so cautious of what photos I share online as you just never know who is out there.

Wyatt's Mommie said...

People are so sick and crazy.

The Anglin Family said...

This just is sick. It hurts my heart and for that reason I do not post ryans pics, but I have blogged photos of her casket which I think I may either remove or watermark. It's just sickening to pretend to live this life that we all suffer every day.

Stacey said...

So sad & hope other's don't turn away BLM's because of one faker :(

Caroline said...

It is so sad that people have to be like that. Don't know why anyone would want this kind of life.

*Laura Angel said...

goosebumps...so ridiculous...people need help

MicahandBrensMom said...

I cannot believe this. I was friends with "jenna" on FB after hearing of her tragedy. I prayed for her and had friends and family pray for her. I also had a picture designed for her by a friend who does infant and child bereavement photos on the beach in Australia. This breaks my heart that someone could have such terrible issues.

Anonymous said...

I know this is an old post but she reeled me in as well with this story. She actually live right by me in PA. I don't know exactly where but she's close. I wish she would pay for all the pain she caused people.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...