Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Her memory tree

I am finally able to blog about a project that has been in the works for a LOOOOOOONNNNGGGG time. I got the idea a while ago, and it sort of developed over time. Ill start way back from the beginning. 


I dont celebrate Christmas due to religious beliefs. I have however always admired the beauty that comes with the season. The twinkling lights and the oh so beautifully decorated trees with a seemingly endless possibility of creative beauty with ornaments and decorations. I always thought it would be gorgeous to have a tree in my home to decorate and have as a sort of year round thing. Pine trees though, are naturally associated with Christmas so it was a sure thing I was not getting a pine tree. Not only that but live trees die and I wanted this to be a permanent art piece in my home. As timed passed and I planned my own wedding I found that many have what is called a blessing tree. A small tree or several branches in a pot or vase that guests attached small notes to with blessings for the bride and groom. Though I didnt have this at my wedding I think its a beautiful idea. Well time had passed and I forgot about this cute idea. Recently a friend of mine started planning her wedding and I got reintroduced to the blessing tree. I thought it would be awesome to have something in my home like this to remember Genesis.


Thus the birth of her memory tree. I researched types of branches and sizes and different options I had for creating such a special tree. So after all this time I have finally finished her tree. Well, actually, this tree will never be finished. I have gotten several little gifts from BLMs and ornaments that remind me of her through the years and I added them to this tree. I will continue to add mementos and ornaments to this tree until forever. When this tree fills up, I will get another one. Its a collection of treasure, memories, reminders and hope. So with that I leave you with photos of my most treasured tree. I hope you love it as much as I do.
 undecorated




I love how the prisms filled the house with golden and rainbow little lights.
Literally hundreds of them Its was so magical.

As of right now the memory tree is sitting on my desk but I have big plans as to where to have this as a final sitting place. I am in the process of finding the perfect display shelf to put not only this but all my little trinkets that remind me of Genesis. A place to put figurines and candles and all sorts of beautiful treasures. I will most definitely post about it when I have it. {Oh and trust me when I say that the photos dont capture its beauty}

17 comments:

Wyatt's Mommie said...

Beautiful and I love the photo with the light above the activity chair... like she is right there!!

TanaLee Davis said...

I am in LOVE with this idea!!!!!!

I think its great and beautiful and classy and so creative with all the trinkets. I too am in the works for a special book shelf ect for a place for TanaLees things. I so want a TREE now. lol

Love you, hugs mama-
~Felicia

The Anglin Family said...

It's gorgeous!!!! Thanks for sharing:)) Hugs!!!

*Laura Angel said...

I second everything that Felicia said!

Malory said...

So pretty!

Sarita Boyette said...

It's beautiful, just like Genesis! (((HUGS)))

Caroline said...

So beautiful !!

Tiffany said...

This is so beautiful! And what a great idea!

Nicole said...

So prettyy!!!!! Great idea! The tree is awesome!

Feel free to check out my personal blog or my photography blog dedicated to my angel girl and my boyfriend. Portion of the proceeds go to Faces of Loss, Faces of Hope. www.nmmphotography.blogspot.com

Lisette said...

That is so beautiful, I love it. Great job!

Becky Baker said...

Hey!
Love your tree, it's beautiful!
Wanted to introduce myself, I'm your sister!! Felicia told me about your blog and I've been reading, I am so sorry for all you've been thru! Wow!!
Just wanted to say hi!

Tiffany said...

That is so beautiful, I love it. Great job!

Tiffany said...

It's beautiful, just like Genesis! (((HUGS)))

Tiffany said...

I second everything that Felicia said!

Tiffany said...

So pretty!

Karen said...

This is lovely. I'm looking to make something similar for my mom's remembrance ceremony. Can you tell me what kind of branch it is? Thanks so much!

Tiffany said...

I believe it's a manzanita branch

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...