Sunday, April 3, 2011

A breath of fresh air

We just got back from Genesis' garden. It really is refreshing to visit her special garden. I brought her a rose.


I absolutely love peach colored roses. We brought it from our very own garden at home. Sure it may not be a pretty as store bought flowers but I love taking her something from our garden. That way she has a part of home with her stone and when I look at the bush I took it from I know part of it is with her.


Today was a cloudy day. When we arrived at the garden it was still cloudy but at the moment I went to take a picture of her rock the clouds cleared and the warmest sunlight just poured all over us.


Something kind of cute yet heartbreaking happened. D found a little friend to play with there in the garden. His name was Max. D immediately went up to him and instantly became his friend. I love how friendly he is. But then he started talking to Max. Max was maybe about 2 and didn't quite talk but that didn't stop D from talking to him. Here's what he said: "you see Genesis rock? Genesis is with Jehovah.... Let see it, come on." Hearing him say this made me so happy yet filled my eyes with tears. He proceeded to show Max the way to Genesis rock and said "it's right here." And he placed his hands on it showing Max the flower we left for her. I can only imagine what Max's mom thought. But I am so proud of D for not even hesitating to speak his sisters name. It's beautiful.

4 comments:

Wyatt's Mommie said...

So touching.... I am happy to hear that you had a good day with Genesis today! <3

Caroline said...

I'm glad you got out & had a good time there. I think that is wonderful how D talks about her. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. The rose is beautiful !!

New Year Mum said...

So beautiful to take her a rose from your garden... we do that for Gabrielle too. Must have been lovely to hear your son talk about his sister so confidently. Love to you always xoxo

Lisette said...

Those moments make me so happy.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...