Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I need opinions

I think about what Genesis would have looked like had she been a term baby. I think about what she would have looked like as an infant, a toddler, and the young lady and woman she should have grown up to be. I know all of our minds have pondered that thought at least once. {Its more of a daily thing for me} The real answer is... I will never know. At least not in this system.

I came across a site that does photo editing including age progression. This is something I know BLMs would really be interested in. Well at least I am, that's why I am blogging about it. Here is an example of their work:
From what I understand this little boy passed away and his parents always wondered what he would have looked like growing up. Here is what this company came up with. Its truly amazing. 

I have been thinking about doing this for Genesis. Its not cheap so its not a light decision for me. Also I wanted imput on this from other BLMs. Would you do this? Is this too weird? I know it would bring me comfort but I guess I am afraid of what others may think. I know I was trying to get away about caring what others think but I am only human. To be able to get photos of what Genesis would have looked at like an infant, toddler, and beyond is mind blowing. To gaze into her eyes... wow. And I know this doesnt mean she would have looked like that for sure. Clearly, this is more for emotional comfort rather than factual photos. But I would love to hear your thoughts.

7 comments:

ccc said...

Very intriguing. While it would be interesting to see what they would have looked like, I also wonder if it would cause emotional pain to see what could have been. Definitely an individual decision.

Lisette said...

Pretty neat if I say so myself. Do it if you feel it is right for you. I don't think it is weird. I personally don't think I would do it now but who knows I might change my mind later.

Holly said...

I think this is pretty neat and would totally do it. I would love to know what she would've looked like and those things are pretty accurate. What is the website???

New Year Mum said...

I'd never thought about this before... didn't realise it was possible. If it brings peace and comfort then worth it xo

yunims said...

Hi tiffany. I stopped by your blog. This blog is beautiful and full of inspiration. When I opened the 'Genesis' Gallery', many things that make me happy. I enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing experience and insight to many people. I wish all the best for your family. My greetings of the Java!

Wyatt's Mommie said...

I think everyday about what Wyatt would look like now and if he and his brother Nolan, will look anything alike. I didn't realize they had sites like this. I may do something like this years from now just to see if Wyatt would resemble any of his brohters or sisters (assuming that there will be more).

Life Without You said...

Tiff i got one of serena at the age of 3 and 18 she did an amazing job..It is hard but get it brings a smile to my face..Serena look alot like me when i was a child but when she was and adult she look so different..But i believe it is up to the person to do it..It is a beautiful work..

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...