Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Yesterday a quote was floating around facebook that was said by none other than Elizabeth Edwards. It probably began because she actually passed yesterday... so very sad. But her words hold true and Id like to share them with you and perhaps it will make it to the eyes and ears of those not in the BLM community and they will know its ok to speak our children's name.


"If you know someone who has lost a child, and you're afraid to mention them because you think you might make them sad by reminding them that they died--you're not reminding them. They didn't forget they died. What you're reminding them of is that you remembered that they lived, and ...that is a great gift." 

~ Elizabeth Edwards


I really hate to think of death and dying but I bet that her son, whom she lost due to a car accident at the age of 16, was on her mind everyday of her life, including yesterday as she knew she would finally be reunited with him. 

6 comments:

Jaime said...

I love the quote and actually "stole" it from you to repost as my status on FB today. I was very happy to see that the majority of my friends who "liked" it are not babyloss families and that just maybe it helped to open their eyes and their hearts.

xo

Wyatt's Mommie said...

If only people outside of the BLM community could understand the meaning of the quote. If only....

Holly said...

I saw it floating around and I think it is very true! I hope that people who haven't lost read it.

mrsnice777 said...

Yes, well said!

Jamie

Tiffany said...

Yes, well said!

Jamie

Tiffany said...

I saw it floating around and I think it is very true! I hope that people who haven't lost read it.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...