Monday, December 6, 2010

A rainbow baby book

My rainbows are young as you know, so they have not gotten to the point of asking questions about life yet. I speak of Genesis to them every once in a while but they dont really grasp it yet. I am anxious about the day they are old enough to understand. Its a mixture of emotions. Im happy to be telling them all about their big sister who is so very important to us still and yet heart broken that this is how they will get to "know" their sister. I really dont even know where to start with telling them. That was until now.


Today I came across this book called "Someone Came Before You." I think its absolutely the perfect book for rainbow babies. And especially fitting if you lost your first child. There seem to be plenty of books for older kids that were awaiting the arrival of a younger sibling, but I had yet to find something specifically for rainbow babies. I am most definitely going to get this for my rainbows. Thought I would share this with you all.

10 comments:

Trena said...

Thank you for sharing this ♥ My girls know about their brothers and I have a few books that deal with the topic but I have wondered in the last several months since losing the boys...how will we tell our rainbow baby(s) that they have brothers in Heaven.

Lisette said...

Yes, this book is wonderful! I have the other one for Julian "We were going to have a baby but we got an angel instead" wonderful book. My little rainbow is going to get this book as well. I have bought this book for some blog mom's as a gift. It's wonderful.

mrsnice777 said...

Awesome find!

Jamie

Wyatt's Mommie said...

Perfect book. Believe me, I will be sharing Wyatt with this Rainbow...

TanaLee Davis said...

very nice. I didn't know books like this existed.
Thanks-
Felicia

Cathrin Kushman said...

Thank you for sharing, When I have a rainbow I'll be sure to get that book.

Maggie said...

I've seen that and will definitely be getting that. :) Thanks for sharing!

belle said...

thanks for sharing!!!!!! even though mine were old enough to actually go and grieve through our last "loss" .... to know they aren't the only "rainbows" in the world is great... i'm going hunting for this book!

croleyc69 said...

I want to get that so much. Thanx

Caroline

Holly said...

I have this book! I think it is really good for kids.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...