Thursday, December 2, 2010

I guess she was listening

The other day while at dinner, my mother asks in casual conversation if there are any movies out that I want to see. I of course bring up 'The Rabbit Hole'. While I was explaining what it was about and why I wanted to see it, I could see in my mom's face that she already lost interest and gave me the "i-dont-want-to-hear-anymore-about-dead-babies" look. I honestly thought she had stopped listening and was just robotically nodding her head. And as quickly as the subject was brought up, it passed.


Then today I get a call in the morning from my mom to turn on the TV to channel 7. And that Nichole Kidman was being interviewed and that she was talking about 'The Rabbit Hole'. Its such a small gesture, but it meant a lot to me that she remembered and then even called me to have me see it because she knew it interested me. I just hope its not one step forward and three backwards here. I hope that this is the start of her acknowledging what is important to me. Heck...its taken almost 4 yrs, its about time.

9 comments:

Trena said...

((hugs))

Jaime said...

That was a sweet gesture on her part. I am hopeful that it continues in steps forward for you too.

xo

PrincessKalico said...

Nice. I saw that interview this morning too. Can't wait for it to come out.

croleyc69 said...

That was so sweet. I watched it too.

{{HUGS}}
Caroline

Angie said...

Hey Mama! I love you and reading your beautiful blog so much I am giving you the Cherry On Top Blog Award! Check out my latest post when you get a chance and spread the love xo

Meghan said...

Hello my sweet friend.. I wanted to let you know that I received a blog award today that Im passing on to you.. I am so grateful for our friendship Tiffay... You are so talented and your words mean so much to me. Thank you for being you and for sharing Genesis with all of us. Stop by my blog when you have time today to get your award. :)

Tiffany said...

That was so sweet. I watched it too.

{{HUGS}}
Caroline

Tiffany said...

Hey Mama! I love you and reading your beautiful blog so much I am giving you the Cherry On Top Blog Award! Check out my latest post when you get a chance and spread the love xo

Tiffany said...

Nice. I saw that interview this morning too. Can't wait for it to come out.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...