Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I got a reply

I got a reply to the email I sent about getting Genesis' name engraved in a stone at Garfield Park yesterday. There is good news and ok news. The good news is that its only $150.00. While that is a lot to me, I know that $150.00 for this is actually a great price and a small price to pay to forever have my darling daughter in my childhood park. The ok news... I have to fill out an application and have to have my request approved. I dont know why anyone would not approve it but now I am worried that because I didnt live there when she died it wont get approved. Though keep in mind, they didnt ask me that on the application. They only asked how I am associated with the city and how the person who passed was associated with the city. Genesis would have been very much a part of the city and the park had she lived but she never had the chance. Part of me is worried that there may be a chance they wont approve it and I would be devastated. Every time I would go to the park and see the garden I would remember that she was denied to be remembered... ok, ok. Maybe Im jumping the gun here. But yea, I filled out the application and put it in the mail today. I should hear something back in 2 weeks. Please pray that they approve this.

7 comments:

mrsnice777 said...

I really do think it will be okay! Not saying that they are in it for just the money, but I'm sure if there's space and you're willing to pay, it'll go through. I've got a good feeling for ya girlie! ;-)

Jamie

Tiffany said...

i don't see how they could deny her. but i will keep you in my thoughts and pray that they won't. ♥

Trena said...

I will be praying about this. ((hugs)) Stay positive about it!

Trena said...

Left you a blog award on my last post. ((hugs)) - I know you received it before but you're that special!

TanaLee Davis said...

I think you'll get it. Stay positive- how could they deny your story and your beautiful girl???
love ya-
Felicia

Jessica said...

I don't see why it wouldn't be approved but I will be praying!!! <3

Cassie Beserra said...

I am sure they will approve it. You just need to put that it is your childhood park and how you always wished you could take Genesis there. They will approve it.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...