Sunday, December 26, 2010

Forgotten once again

Yesterday my dad was talking about all the grand kids in the family. He said 5. For a minute both my sister and I looked at each other and thought that he included Genesis. I told her, "let's not give him credit just yet..." I then asked him who the 5 grand kids were. He listed D, G, my nephew A, my nephew K and.... The baby my sister in law is pregnant with. She's only 4 months along so they don't know the gender or the name yet. My parents relationship with my brother and his wife is not good... Yet my dad managed to count the 4 month gestation baby but not my daughter who was stillborn. Not my daughter who has a name. Not my daughter who he met. For a split second he made my day and I was so happy thinking he finally remembered all by himself...and then in an instant he ruined it. Of course I told him he forgot her and of course he denies forgetting saying I confused him or some crap like that. Then my mom jumped in the conversation saying that I was looking for trouble or something stupid like that. No. The only thing I was looking for... the ONLY thing I am ever looking for is for someone other than myself to remember Genesis. To remember that she is my daughter. That she is still someones niece, sister and granddaughter. All I ask is for people to remember... and it never happens. My mom went on to say that it shouldn't be a big deal because it was such a small thing to say "I have 5 grand kids..." well all I have left are the small things. What BIG things are left for Genesis? First day of school? Graduation? Getting married? Her first baby? No. She will never have any of that, so don't tell me the little things shouldn't matter. Had my dad said 6, even as "little" as that is, it would have made me so very happy. So yes, the little things matter. They matter very much.

16 comments:

Leanne said...

Oh sweetheart! I am so sorry that happened. You have every right to be upset and they should be sensitive to "the little things" because as you said that is all we have left!

Jessica said...

So sorry :*(
I know how you feel though. No one even speaks of Riley & Peyton to me unless I bring them up myself. I'm sure they are fiends with Genesis :) I think of you and her every day. I speak your story to friends. She is remembered. <3 Much love to you <3

Tiffany said...

((hugs)) i'm so sorry. lots of love to you...

Sophie said...

:( Thats awful.

I remember going to my hubby's folks for a family dinner a week or two before Christmas. My mil and sil (who are both nurses) were talking about their roster... how they didn't mind working Christmas Eve/Christmas so much... because it was 'just' Christmas. I jsut sat and held back the tears. Finally I pointed out that it was Jordan's birthday. They shut up after that but boy did it sting to know how quickly they had forgotten her.

I'd have been hurt too by what your father said. It's not right. And to have them justify the hurt they have caused just makes it worse. People need to learn to just say "I'm sorry I hurt you. I didn't think. I won't make that mistake again."

xx

The Anglin Family said...

Hugs sweetie. My family will not speak of my daughter..my parents change the subject if I bring her up. I'm sorry.

Maggie said...

You are so right, it's the little things and those little things mean a lot. XO

Misty said...

You are very right and have every right to be upset about it. I would have corrected him too. I am sorry. ((Hugs))

TanaLee Davis said...

It seems like such a easy task but for some reason its so hard for others. Too bad, if only they realized how much it actually meant to us.
~Felicia

Caroline said...

{{HUGS}} so sorry.

brigette said...

Oh man I am so sorry!!! That is the worst when others wont speak about our babies... they are so scared or something they have no clue what it means to us! I will never forget Genesis... Much love!!

Lisette said...

((HUGS), so sorry I am late.

Mirne said...

I agree that only the little things are left. And it's so absolutely awful when the people who should know and remember, don't.

With Out My Punkin said...

I'm sorry, so frustrating! It is the "small" things that matter

Wyatt's Mommie said...

I am so sorry that they continue to let you down by not including Genesis. I wish things were different for you. Thinking of you!!!

Tiffany said...

I am so sorry that they continue to let you down by not including Genesis. I wish things were different for you. Thinking of you!!!

Tiffany said...

So sorry :*(
I know how you feel though. No one even speaks of Riley & Peyton to me unless I bring them up myself. I'm sure they are fiends with Genesis :) I think of you and her every day. I speak your story to friends. She is remembered. <3 Much love to you <3

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...