Friday, December 3, 2010

The Blessing Ring & Plaque

I had come across another blog of a BLM a while ago {Im embarrassed to say that I dont remember which blog this was as I follow so many I lost track} who mentioned she made a blessing ring for her baby that was no longer here. {btw they can pretty much be used for any purpose} This caught my attention and intrigued me. I had never heard of a blessing ring before. They are sometimes referred to as "Doorknob Blessing Rings" because you hang it from a doorknob most of the time. So you may be asking yourself 'so what is it?' It's a silver ring for holding keepsakes and hangings. Its usually accented with ribbons, bows and beads or any charms you would like to include. The BLMs that I have seen have this will include cards or letters that have to do with their child that passed. {though many people have some for weddings and graduations and such, to keep all the cards in one place. And not to mention its super cute and totally unique!}


I finally got a blessing ring for Genesis to attach all the congratulatory and sympathy cards as well as my BLM mail to. Check it out:


This is a photo of the front and back of the initial "G". Here is what it says in case you cant read it:


"The Blessing Ring- Our Heavenly Father has given us many blessings. Blessings are not only kind words of encouragement but ACTS of encouragement, love and praise. The Blessing Ring holds these things. Whether you are blessed with a thoughtful card, have a picture of a touching moment, are reminded of a Bible verse, or give a token of love.... Punch a hole in it and string it on your Blessing Ring. I have given you this because you are a blessing to me."


Isnt that the most beautiful thing? Im in the process of punching holes in all my blessings {well the ones that can be strung on this} and you better believe there will be more photos once I have them all attached. To all of you that have sent me a card or a picture or dropped a line, thank you so very much for caring. You truly are a blessing.


Along with the blessing ring, I also got a wall plaque for Genesis. I have a photo of each of my rainbows that was made into a magnet with one of their newborn photos on my fridge and I had yet to have anything for Genesis on my fridge. I always felt she was missing. Well not anymore. This is what I got for her:
It has her name and the following scripture:


"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart." -Jeremiah 1:5


Again, truly beautiful. And I have it hanging on my fridge along with the photos of my rainbows. This reminds me of the hope I have of seeing my dear Genesis again one day because God knew her and still remembers her even if everyone else does not. 


And you wanna know something really awesome? It was one of my very own BLM friends that made both of these beautiful items. Please check out my friend Katy's Etsy Store to get your very own personalize blessing ring and plaque and so much more!

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

how nice.

Trena said...

I LOVE the blessing ring! I want to do one for the boys, going over to check her store out now!

mrsnice777 said...

I love that wooden plaque! Beautiful!!

Thanks for sharing!
Jamie

Celia said...

Tiffany,
I am posting here because I didn't see a way to contact you via email.
First off, I LOVE your Names on the Sidewalk! I have yet to put in a
request but will do so very, very soon!

As far as pendants go, I am not currently charging anyone for them
unless they were to request a pendant for a living child. Any BLM can
request one free of charge.

All you need to do is email me at: ctbarnes830@gmail.com and attach a
picture that you would like me to use, the shape of pendant you would
like, and whether or not you would like me to include your baby's name
on the pendant. Also, if you could include a little something written
to or about Genesis that I can include with a picture of the finished
pendant on my blog that would be great. You can share your blog(s) as
well if you like. Whatever you want.

Anyway, I look forward to making a pendant for you!

Sarita Boyette said...

I have these same items made by Katy - she does beautiful work! Genesis' blessing ring and plaque are so pretty!

mrsnice777 said...

I gave you a blog award - check out my latest post!

(((hugz)))
Jamie

Holly said...

They're by Katy, Hannah's mommy! I have the wooden plaque but don't have the blessing ring. But I do love the blessing ring!!

Tiffany said...

They're by Katy, Hannah's mommy! I have the wooden plaque but don't have the blessing ring. But I do love the blessing ring!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...