Sunday, November 14, 2010

An unexpected balloon release

Remember the special ribbon balloon that I made for the OC Walk To Remember? Well since they didnt float after the walk I mentioned that I held on to them. Yes I still have them...well, had them. After yesterday's rainbow party I had all these balloons sitting around. I thought I would use them for a balloon release to send the special balloon up into the sky since it wouldn't float on its own. Only problem was that after the party ended, it was night time and I would not have been able to get photos. And these days photos is all I have to make memories so I had to make this moment last. I then decided to hold off till morning. I was praying they still had their gas and would float off into the sunrise. 


When I woke up this morning they were still floating! YAY! Here is the sunrise just before I did the release:
 And the release....
There is Genesis' name <3


Letting go is always so hard...I always find myself holding my breath...





drifting away on the currents of the sky

The sunrise seemed to make the balloons glow

floating further away...


floating just past the tree on the left.... until they disappeared...
D watched the balloons sail away with me. He loves to do balloon releases and watch them. I always get emotional when watching the balloons float so far away from us. I told D what to say to the balloons and hearing him made me tear up. He said "Bye balloons...bye sister...I love you... I miss you....Genesis..." And he blew some kisses to the balloons. So almost a month later, I was able to give the special balloon an adequate balloon release.

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

<3 how special. those pics are awesome!

Angie said...

That's so awesome that you were able to send Genesis the balloons xo

Holly said...

I'm glad you were able to send up the balloon!

Jaime said...

Love it!

xo

Lisette said...

That is so special and I am so glad you were able to do this.

Tiffany said...

That's so awesome that you were able to send Genesis the balloons xo

Tiffany said...

<3 how special. those pics are awesome!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...