Sunday, November 28, 2010

So few memories....

I was reading Franchesca's blog post and it only reminded me of how badly I want to make a scrapbook/ memory book for Genesis. I know that my friend Megan made a photo book offered by shutterfly for her dear Wyatt. I so desperately want to do that for Genesis. Only problem is I have only 1 photo of Genesis. Well... actually, let me clarify. I have 4 total. 2 are ultrasounds. Then I have an actual photo of her from after she was born. I have an up close shot and a far away shot of the same pose. So I kind of consider it 1 photo. But even if I do have 4 physical photos... thats certainly not enough to  fill a photo book. You need to have photos for a photo book. I know I have tons and tons of photos of her name but Im not sure that will work for what I am looking to make for her. Some photos of things that remind her of me may work but I dont know that it would be enough to fill the book. Maybe I could write her story... the short version of course. I just dont know what else to put in it. I guess I do have a photo of her hospital ID band and her footprints. I guess that brings the count to 6 photos... But really? Who am I kidding? Idk... any ideas?

5 comments:

Angie said...

What if you took pictures of her photo in different places? Like at the park, the beach, the zoo, in the garden, etc... You could take a picture of D & Gigi with Genesis's picture, too. I think that would be pretty awesome. I'm always here to help if you need someone to take pictures of you and Genesis, we could have a baby mama photo shoot!

mrsnice777 said...

Do a scrapbook as opposed to a photo book so you can include more than photos. You could include cards people sent you... poems that remind you of Genesis... lyrics to songs... pics of you pregnant with Genesis... things you've done to honor Genesis - like your names on the sidewalk? The possibilities are endless!

I have a slideshow to honor my Angel Baby. It's on my blog under the Angel Baby link. I have only one pic of my Angel - the ultrasound when I saw his/her heart still. However, I have so many other things that help me remember her. A song, scripture, a poem, pics with Angel's name on it, pics from the memorial celebration on Oct. 15th that I went to in her honor...

Hope this helps!
Jamie

Tiffany said...

Angie- LOVE IT!

Jamie- I have scrapbooks for each of my rainbows and def wanted something for Genesis. Im not sure that Im good enough to make a scrapbook for her. Anything I do for her has to be just perfect. I actually just ordered a blessing ring to put all the cards I have that people wrote after she died as well as any BLM mail I get. And sadly all the photos I have while prego with Genesis (I had a small bump then) my ex husband was in the photos and I dont want him in the book. Even if I were to cut him out, I would know in my heart he was in the other half of those photos... sigh. I do like the idea of lyrics, poems, scriptures... and yes of course! the Oct 15th memorial celebration. GREAT idea! see, I knew you all would have some rockin ideas!!

Franchesca said...

Oh Tiffany, i think putting anything and everything that reminds you of your baby girl would be perfect in her scrapbook. You may not have tons of photos {are there ever really enough?} but I know you can fill it with dragonflies, hummingbirds, willow trees, dandelions and anything else that makes you think of her :) I think writing her story in it would be lovely. It could even be an inspiration for your Address Books/ Journals :)

xo

TanaLee Davis said...

I put not only things that TanaLee wore after she was born-i.e: bracelet ect
But I put a paper that Jeremy and I drew pictures on as we waited for the Nicu shift change to be over. I put anything that would lay remotely flat in her baby book. You'd be surprised how much you can come up with. Look through her keepsakes you've kept and put anything flat in the book. Go to the craft store it might inspire you. :)
~Felicia

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...