Sunday, November 21, 2010

A new "foreign" phrase

After Genesis died my foreign phrase was "my child". Because since the world could not see her to them that meant she didnt exist. But I did in fact have a child even though I couldn't hold her in my arms.


Then when D was born I finally had a child that the world would acknowledge. But it was a son. Yes, I felt and still feel SO incredibly blessed to have my son, but I still didnt have my daughter. So the new foreign phrases were "my daughter" and "my children."


Now that I have G in my life, I have both a son and a daughter here on Earth. And I have the ability to say I have "children" without people looking at me like Im insane. Just when I thought there was no more foreign phrases that would stop me dead in my tracks, I found one. A lovely BLM that requested a name to be done on Names On The Sidewalk sent me a lovely note. At the end of her note she said she was thinking of my son and daughters. Wow... Daughters. "Daughters" is now my new foreign phrase. I absolutely love that this BLM acknowledged all three of my children and opened my eyes to the fact that I do have daughters. I dont use that phrase much when talking to people. I will usually just say "my kids" or "my children" when referring to all 3 of them. But I wonder if there will ever be a day when I can use the phrase "my daughters" and refer to more than 1 living daughter. I suppose only time will tell...

3 comments:

butterflymom said...

This is a very interesting thought...I wish it didn't have to feel so foreign, but I know what you mean. Glad that a fellow BLM acknowledged the word "daughters" for you. I know how much it must have meant to you. ((hugs))

Tiffany said...

so nice that someone acknowledged your little ones - all of them. yep, i just now finding out what my foreign phrases are. and it sucks, and hurts. wish we never had to have foreign phrases at all.

Lisette said...

I never thought about this but you are so right.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...