Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A flower for Genesis

Karen, my BLM friend I have blogged about before, posted on her facebook page that she is going to make a garden for Mason. That is just the sweetest thing. I have always wanted a little garden for Genesis but I dont have a yard here to do it in. And everything that I have ever had in pots here has died. I couldn't handle it if I had a special flower for her and it died. 


I mentioned this to Karen and she offered to get Genesis her own flower in Mason's garden. Complete with a dragonfly garden decoration. How sweet is that? She even asked me what Genesis' flower was. Well dandelions are her thing but you dont really plant those lol But yellow roses are my flower so maybe they can be hers too...


This reminded me of my mom. See, my mom has roses in the front of the house. They are in a row and its one rose bush per child. So my siblings and I all have our own rose bush each in a different color. Since I am the oldest my roses are first in line. There happened to be a little space next to mine and I asked my mom if she would plant a rose next to mine for Genesis. (this was a few months ago) And she just replied "no" and walked away. I cant understand why she would do that to me. It really broke my heart. I mean come on, ITS A FLOWER! Why wouldn't you? But Im so thankful that Karen offered to this extremely kind and touching thing for me. Thank you Karen. I cant wait to see pictures. 

7 comments:

TanaLee Davis said...

Oh, I am so sorry that your mom refused to plant a rose next to yours. Tell you what I too am going to start a garden in the near future...hopefully this spring. I will plant a rose or something in honor of your sweet little Genesis. (by the way I meant to tell you that I love your daughters name for two reasons, 1. my sister had a daughter last year and her name is also Genesis. 2. because it is so beautiful :) 3. it doesn't hurt that its the first the book in the bible. Well I've been thinking about you. Hope everything is steady and hope this brings you some comfort. Can't wait to see your next post.
~Felicia

Tiffany said...

Felicia- wow that is amazing!! I've never known anyone who had a Genesis in their family. And thank you for also offering to plant a rose for Genesis <3 did you get my email a few days ago? I've been looking forward to hearing back from you.

brigette said...

How sweet! What an amzing gesture from a sweet blm. I cant wait to see the pics to. So sweet

Jessica said...

That was very nice of Karen. It's sad that your mom was so cold when you asked her. (((hugs)))

TanaLee Davis said...

No, I haven't gotten your email. Try again-
pinkpokadotz90@yahoo.com if it doesn't work then let me know. I too have been looking to see your comments and looking for an email.
okay i'll talk to you soon.
~Felicia

Lisette said...

That is very nice of Karen but not so nice on your mom's part : ( Sorry, she told you no.

Tiffany said...

That is very nice of Karen but not so nice on your mom's part : ( Sorry, she told you no.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...