Friday, October 29, 2010

This is NOT ok

I met a new BLM friend on facebook today. She lost twin boys. She is pregnant again with her rainbow. She announced she was having twins again and the genders. Two girls! YAY! Im so very happy for her but she is having complications sadly. But that isnt what this post is about. What it is about is a comment she got on the her status. This is what one of her "friends" posted:


Um.... there are so many thing wrong about this comment. 1. she is having two girls so why on earth would you say girls are hard? why would you want to already make her worry more on top of the complications she is having in this pregnancy. 2. Nasty boys? really? Did you forget she has twin sons? 3. You know what is really hard? HAVING YOUR BABY (or in her case babies) DIE!

Why do people keep making these STUPID, HURTFUL, IGNORANT comments?! I see this on a daily basis and I just have to bite my tongue every time. At times I will jump in and defend my BLM friend but to do this every single day multiple times a day is exhausting and increases the stress levels. I know its not my job to be the BLM police... but I do want to offer my BLM friends support. Its just so draining. 

10 comments:

Trena said...

Some people should have their mouths sewn shut. Just sayin'.

Jessica said...

Forget sewing their mouths shut just take out their vocal cords ;) I agree Tiffany that was insanely insensitive and beyond stupid!

Angie said...

Ugh this is downright disgusting. If one of my "friends" said that to me I would probably go to jail for the things I would do to her.

Michelle said...

Yep, I see the same crap and feel the same way! EEERRRRGGGG!

Courtney said...

Ahhhh. This makes me so incredibly upset and sad. I really wish more people would actually THINK before they talk/type. =(

Wyatt's Mommie said...

1. People don't think before they open there mouths
2. Most comments like this are made by people who have no idea, just no idea
3. Many seem to care, but they really don't, there are no feelings behind there words (hence the ignorance)
4. Some just want us to get annoyed and upset
5. Ultimately, the only ones who can be 100% supportive, say the right things, and mean everything are others who have experienced the same loss.

<3

Holly said...

How very inconsiderate of this person to give this reply. I think she's nasty.

Tiffany said...

1. People don't think before they open there mouths
2. Most comments like this are made by people who have no idea, just no idea
3. Many seem to care, but they really don't, there are no feelings behind there words (hence the ignorance)
4. Some just want us to get annoyed and upset
5. Ultimately, the only ones who can be 100% supportive, say the right things, and mean everything are others who have experienced the same loss.

<3

Tiffany said...

Ugh this is downright disgusting. If one of my "friends" said that to me I would probably go to jail for the things I would do to her.

Tiffany said...

Forget sewing their mouths shut just take out their vocal cords ;) I agree Tiffany that was insanely insensitive and beyond stupid!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...