Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A rainbow party

I had mentioned previously that I had decided to throw a party for G to celebrate her safe arrival, because every child is worth celebrating. I printed up the invitations and mailed them out on Monday. The front of the invite had Hello Kitty and the words: "Another rainbow on this Earth, We celebrate G's Birth!" Most of the guests are not BLMs and more than likely dont know what a rainbow baby is. So on the back of the invitation I had this:



At first I thought it might be looked at as odd to the non BLMs if I include this. I was worried that some may not get it. My mom, once again, was one of those that didnt quite get it at first. She said, "wait, is this party for Genesis?" and looked at me like if it was I was a psycho for possibly having a party for a dead baby. (btw I know many BLMs who do have parties for their babies that are no longer here and that is perfectly fine. I think its a lovely idea. I dont know if I will ever do that but for those that do I think its beautiful) So I had to remind my mom that G is my second rainbow baby, but my first rainbow daughter. And because people dont usually know what a rainbow baby is, I included the above explanation. And in an indirect kind of way, my mentioning what a rainbow baby is, it sort of does have to do with Genesis. So she is a part of this celebration as well. 


At any rate, the whole reason I bring this up is because one of the guests I invited got her invitation in the mail yesterday and sent me the following message: (I hope you dont mind J)


Hey Tiffany,
Just wanted to let you know I got the invite in the mail today:) Oh, to get something other than a bill in the mail!! It's darling & the back, w/ the rainbow meaning, beautiful. It made me so happy~thank you for inviting me! I'm looking forward to it:) Hope you & your little ones are doing well ♥
~J
xoxo



Isnt that so very sweet! I love when my non BLM friends "get it". Her note to me was so very simple, probably took 1 minute from her day and it meant oh so very much to me. It brought tears to my eyes. After seeing her response, I know that putting that on the back was the right thing to do. My heart was right.

5 comments:

Holly said...

I like the invitation!!

croleyc69 said...

Love it !!

Caroline

Lisette said...

Very very nice.

Michelle said...

Very cool, someone out there gets it. That is a fabulous idea to have a rainbow party.

Jaime said...

What a beautiful idea/invite... and a very sweet friend!

xo

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...